Friday, January 30, 2009

Intimacy in Conversation

The emptiness, the fullness, the lightness and heaviness,the stillness with movement is my sensation of the calm after the storm. I am once again profoundly different then yesterday.
Yesterday was the chaos, the instability and agitation. When I owned it, stopped analysing it and made no excuses I was able to transform and profoundly change the internal landscape that who I AM calls home.
Today I moved through my day like a cloud floating in the sky. Aware that I was a cloud yet aware of so much more. I felt gentle and allowed that to flow through me today. I felt no judgements and the mind chatter would become silent as I found stillness in my body in the moment.
In conversations I was present but in a different way. I always felt to be present for others meant focusing on them. Today, being present to myself allowed me to have a more intimate engagement with the other person.
Focusing on myself and who I was today in my perception allowed others to focus on themselves while 'in' the conversation.
Again, this brings me back to the hunt as the metaphor for the conversation. When I make it about the conversation it becomes a conversation but when I am 'in' the conversation it becomes an intimate platform for magnificent 'exchange'.
Not bad for a day in the office- choosing myself and allowing intimacy to unfold 'in' the conversation.

No comments: