Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Conscious Choosing

I wake with joy in my body.

Today is the day I have created for myself. Every Wednesday my children, who have previously been with me 6 days a week, go to daycare and preschool.

This is my day! My day to listen to my body and make choices moment by moment.
Normally a day 'off' would be a day of errands, necessities and rushing.

Today I am going to try to be concious, moment by moment, hour by hour. I have made no commitments and have a list that I may or may not follow.
Right now I am sitting, writing, drinking a cup of tea and glancing over my view at the trees changing colors.
My husband has taken my daughter to daycare, my son is happily watching Curious George and I am taking advantage of the day for me already.

I still have my head cold but I don't feel as though I am a prisoner to it. I am embracing it's message and am thankful for it or I may have rushed around like a 'mad woman' pissed at the end of the day that there was no time left over for ME.

Consciously choosing. Realizing each moment, from one to the next is different, which in it's self is a reminder to check in with the body. Allowing these body clues to guide our intellect into making the decision that is right for us at that moment.

No comments: