Monday, October 6, 2008

Choosing to look up and paint

For far too long my head has been down pushing through my life. What was I trying to push through? Where was I trying to go that I couldn't take the time to enjoy the scenery? I think I truly thought this was my dress rehersal for life!!!

How much of my life have I missed with my head down, making apologies, pleasing others, doing the 'right thing' and simply living in the past or the future.

What really matters now, is not how much life I have missed, it is that I am awake to the life I am leading now. When habituated patterns begin to set in I recognise them, I then choose to look up, and there I am back in my life creating what it is I want instead of allowing autopilot to choose a haphazard direction.

Are you on autopilot or are you consciously choosing the life you want for yourself?

It truly is a choice.

It is a choice that comes from deep within the vessel we call body, the vessel that holds the essence of who we are. When we are connected to our essence choices become easy and effortless because we have removed the drama of the mind.
Before I use to feel that I didn't know who I was unless I was busy or productive. Now I have realized I become agitated (body sending info in the form of emotion) if I am too busy in my mind and become disconnected from my body.
Now, instead of lashing out from that agitation,I quiet my mind, breathe, connect to my body, realize what info my body is sending and make choices for myself based on that info. This is still a process for me because habituated patterns still want to lead when I am in my mind and my mind is who I thought I was for a long time.
Get into the body,allow it to lead and the life you want will become a canvas waiting for your brush strokes!

No comments: