Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Allowing the Body to Lead

I had an experience yesterday that made me stop- and NOT think.
I was working with a colleague on a workshop we have coming up and I was trying to get my 'point across' to her about the Wel-System experience. I could see that she was struggling with it intellectually so I checked in with my body and then got her to lay down. From here I delivered the material in a meditative format and I could sense that she was allowing it to process. During our discussion later she realized that when she was sitting up she felt like she was a student trying to analyze and make 'sense' of what I was saying. When she was laying down her body was metabolizing and processing the material at a cellular level. WOW!
Once again I am reminded that the body does need to lead and the intellect need not get in the way!
No wonder I have NEVER felt comfortable delivering material to people's intellect- for me now it is about allowing the body to process and then open it up to discussion about what arose for myself and others. The intellect cannot shut new ideas down when they are already rolling around in the body. Ask the question "what do I feel' not 'what do I think'!!! and the answer will come from the authentic source.

No comments: